In episode 77 of the IR Simplified podcast, I add a few more thoughts and comments to a recent LinkedIn update of mine about workplace bullying and harassment.
Then there is the news that two employees were sacked for sleeping during their break.
I also share a few things that those conducting a workplace investigation should remember.
The episode ends with a short Q and A about first aiders in the workplace.
Sacked for napping on an unpaid break: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/act/fair-work-to-decide-if-you-can-be-sacked-for-a-nap-on-your-unpaid-break-20190121-p50smu.html
Things to remember when conducting a workplace investigation: https://irsimplified.com.au/7-simple-but-important-things-to-remember-about-workplace-investigations/
Q & A: First aiders in the workplace: https://irsimplified.com.au/qa-first-aiders-in-the-workplace/
- Tips On How To Simplify Industrial Relations
- Privacy of staff records for domestic violence leave, finger print dismissal appeal, and more
- Bullying and Harassment, Sacked for sleeping on a break, workplace investigation tips, and Q & A about first aiders in the workplace.
- Swearing In The Workplace And That “Natural Padding” Comment
- 74: Flexible Work Arrangements, ‘Experts’ With An Agenda, Union Relevancy, FWC And Biometrics
- To Record or Not To Record. Digging Deeper in Being Union Free