In this episode of the IR Simplified Podcast, I share with you some of my tips on how new business owners can simplify industrial relations, and stay on the right side of the Fair Work Act.
#1 – National Employment Standards (NES)
#2 – Find out which Modern Award covers your business
#3 – Keep the lines of communication open. Find out what is niggling your employees before they come to you to complain about it.
#4 – Seek help. If you don’t know how to do something, seek help. Even if that help comes from an industry or business group.
This course is aimed at those who are new to industrial relations such as a business owner or newly promoted manager. Proving an overview of the act, the course covers the essential areas of: National Employment Standards; Modern Awards; Record Keeping; Terminations; and more Find out more
- 74: Flexible Work Arrangements, ‘Experts’ With An Agenda, Union Relevancy, FWC And Biometrics
- Flexible Work Arrangements “Model Term” Takes Effect On 1 December 2018
- To Record or Not To Record. Digging Deeper in Being Union Free
- Casuals, and Union Free In 28 Days
- To Record Or Not To Record. That Is The Question